Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blessed and Convicted

(based on Matthew 5: 1-10)

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Convicted am I for my riches and holding back too much for myself.

Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.


Convicted am I for celebrating over the graves of my fellow man.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Convicted am I for proclaiming my superiority.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Convicted am I for being still in the face of need.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Convicted am I for holding a grudge—tightly.

Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.

Convicted am I for covering myself in sin, and trying to use it as camouflage.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.

Convicted am I for my violent words and the verbal spears I throw.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Convicted am I for not stepping out , not speaking up, not drawing a line.

Enough!

No comments: